The NGO – Non-Government Organization / NPO – Non-profit Organization in Pakistan is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The NGOs are not formally registering nowadays and forbidden by the Government due to some country’s internal affairs. Now the social welfare societies working and registering by the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies instead of NGOs and the law which is commonly laying as follows;
- Societies Registration Act, 1860 – For the registration of social welfare societies, registration of Masjid and Deeni Madrassah.
- Co-operative Society Act, 1925 – For the registration of the housing societies.
- The Trust Act, 1882 – For the registration of the trust.
- Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Ordinance 1961 – For the registration of the social welfare agency.
How to Register the NGO – Non-Government Organization / NPO – Non-profit Organization in Pakistan and the documents required with the process will be discussed below in detail after checking the availability of the name from the concerned authority.
Documents are Required for the Registration of Social Welfare Societies, Masjid and Deeni Madrassah:
- Memorandum of Association – MOA.
- Article of Association – AOA.
- Responsibilities and Duties of all the office-bearers.
- Copies of the CNIC of all the office bearers / executive members and general body members – should be attested by the Gazetted Officer.
- List of Office Bearers with mobile numbers should be signed by all members.
- List of General Body members – the general body members including office bearers must be twenty in numbers at least.
- The copy of the Minutes of the 1st Meeting by the society members.
Note: All the pages must be signed every page by the President, General Secretary, and Finance Secretary.
- Business Address.
- Website of the Society but not mandatory for the Masjid and Deeni Madrassah.
- Telephone number of the Society, Masjid and Deeni Madrassah, and the cell phone numbers of all the members, fax number (if available).
- E-mail address of the Society, Masjid and Deeni Madrassah, and all the members.
- Lease agreement/ownership proof of the office.
- The office of the society must be in the commercial area.
- National Tax Number (NTN) of all the members.
Process of the Registration:
- The applicant must gather and collect the above-mentioned documents and information by putting the two sets of files to the concerned authority.
- Registration fee of Rs. 500/-.
Deposited in National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) through a challan Form-32-A under the head of Account C-03818-Other receipt fee for Registration of Societies under Societies Registration Act, 1860 (138).
- The department verifies the office bearer address and also verify the office address.
After that department issue, the eleven forms need to be submitted as per the following information.
- Annual Progress / Audit Reports, details of projects/services, bank accounts, and list of office bearers / executive body members along with contact numbers must be provided to Register Joint Stock Companies every year so as to avoid legal proceedings.
- The registered trust deed will be required for the registration of the Trust.
- The department will issue the Registration Certificate after completing the internal process that may take about 4 months.
The society or trust established for a literary, scientific, and charitable purpose and register under the Act.
All Deeni Madrassahs may not operate without the registration and the registration should be taken place within one year of the establishment.
“Explanation. In this section “Deeni Madrassah” means a religious institution and includes a Jamia, Dar-ul-Uloom, School, College, University, or called by any other name, established or operated primarily for the purposes of imparting religious education, which provides boarding and lodging facilities”.
Whereas, It is the complete process that how to Register the NGO – Non-Government Organization / NPO – Non-profit Organization in Pakistan.